406.758.5433 OR 1.800.344.5979
The Low Income Energy Assistance Program
LIEAP helps pay a portion of the participants’ primary heating costs during the months of October through April. LIEAP assists approximately 3600 households annually in Flathead, Lake, Lincoln and Sanders Counties. Eligibility is based primarily on income and resources. Benefits are usually paid directly to a participants’ primary heating vendor. LIEAP participants often qualify for additional discounts offered by participating vendors.
- To Apply:
- To get a LIEAP application (available between October and April only), you can come into the office, call or e-mail and ask to have one mailed to you between October 1, 2017 and April 30, 2018.
- LIEAP applications require:
- Social Security numbers for all household members.
- Picture ID’s for all adult household members.
- Picture ID’s or Birth Certificates for all household members under 18 years of age.
- Recent bills for all heat and energy sources.
- Verification of all income, from all sources, for all household members, for the 12 months prior to the month in which an application is submitted.
- Copies of entire bank statements for all bank accounts in the most recent 30 day period. Also, verification of the current value of all annuities, stocks, bonds, retirement accounts, and property other than your primary home.
- Any other documentation requested based upon individual circumstances.
- LIEAP representative available to answer questions & help with applications.
2017 SPRING NEWSLETTER
UPCOMING OUTREACH SCHEDULE
- 5/18: CAPNM Five Guys Fundraiser (Kalispell): 5-7pm
- 5/20: Veteran Stand-Down (Polson): 9-4pm
- 5/23: Senior Center (Troy): 1030-12pm
- 5/25: North Valley Food Bank (Eureka): 12-2pm
- 5/25: CAPNM Cabinet Mountain Brewery Fundraiser (Libby): 5-8pm
- 5/26: Food Bank (Polson): 10-2pm, Job Service (Polson): 12-130pm
- 5/31: North County Annex (Eureka): 10-2pm
Click here for income and resource limits and a brief overview of the energy programs administered by Community Action Partnership of Northwest Montana (CAPNM).
Click here for a general overview of items that are typically required to be filed with the Low Income Energy Assistance Program (LIEAP) and Weatherization (WX) application.
For more information or for links to other areas in Montana visit:
Low Income Energy Assistance Program (LIEAP) Frequently Asked Questions
Energy Share of Montana (Visit Site)
Energy Share of Montana is a partnership of concerned citizens, organizations and local utility companies committed to helping Montana families overcome an energy emergency and move toward self-reliance. Energy Share helps with emergency heating needs caused by situations beyond the families’ control and is used as a last resort for those ineligible for other programs or still in need after other resources are exhausted. The program is funded by utility companies, Universal Systems Benefits Charges and donations from concerned consumers. To help a neighbor, visit the site.
Contact or visit the CAPNM location nearest you to receive an Energy Share Application.
CAPNM Energy Conservation
Provides information to assist eligible households in lowering their heating costs. Low cost materials such as plastic for windows, weather strip, water heater blankets, roof patch and caulking are available for “do-it-yourself weatherization” projects to LIEAP approved clients. Visit the links below for some of our partners and for conservation information.
For more information regarding Energy Related Tax Relief please visit Department of Revenue at: http://revenue.mt.gov/home/individuals/taxrelief_energy